|Recommended Timeline & Tools
If you like to be organized, we recommend that you follow a timeline of events or go through a checklist of tasks
you need to consider.
PDF Format requires Acrobat Reader.
Help Planning a Business
- Cost & Financing:
- Need Money?? - Financing resources, grants, and loans for your business!
- Regulatory Requirements
- General Resources:
Starting a Business? Here's Help! - FREE booklet. (PDF: 144KB / 18 pages)
- Governor's Business Plan Contest Bring an idea for a new business, merger/acquisition, joint venture, network-based business and any licensing arrangements.
Department of Commerce Business Development Publications Order Form
- Small Business Resource Guide CD-ROM - FREE copy, providing guidance through business tax forms and other business start-up issues.
- Business Assistance Program - Check your eligibility for up to 2 hours FREE counseling from WisBAR.
- Disadvantaged Entrepreneur Programs
- Minority Business Program
- On-Line Business Services - Forget paper, U.S. Mail, and the telephone. Interact on-line with WI state agencies to submit applications, check application status, verify credentials, report wages, and more.
- Develop Your Network - Organizations and associations that may be helpful in tasks you have to accomplish.
- Have You Chosen a Corporate Structure?
- Need a Business Website? - How to get a FREE e-mail service, a domain name, and much more.
- Trademarks/ Trade Names information
- The Uniform Code Council provides a person with the ability to place UPC's on products they wish to distribute in the markplace.
- The Virtual Business Incubator offers a one-stop resource for individuals
interested in starting or expanding a small business. The site features
Wisconsin-specific, small business information and resources in the areas of
Accounting, Marketing, Banking, Insurance and Small Business Law. Individuals
can also locate other organizations who serve entrepreneurs in the County